Friday, September 12, 2008

We've been canning!

The last couple weeks we have been canning like crazy! It must be September. We have canned spaghetti sauce, tomato juice, peaches, and pears. The girls all love to help. Abby and Madelyn won't even let anyone near the juicer, that is their favorite job. Needless to say I have tomato juice from the ceiling to the floor. But we now have pantry shelves full of freshly bottled goodies for the next year.

Katy working hard.

Abby and Madelyn can still "strike a pose" while juicing tomatoes.
That's me being the "supervisor, teacher"
Collin cutting up the tomatoes and keeping us busy.

3 comments:

Bryce said...

That's one thing I haven't really tried yet - canning. Our main problem is that we don't really have a place to put the bottles once they are full of stuff.

Note to self: Next house we buy will need to have a better place for food storage. And a place where we can put a deep-freeze. And a bigger garden...

Kayce Johnson said...

Wow, I am so impressed! I had no idea you had that kind of talent. What a great thing to pass on to your children. If it were me, I would probably just let me hand me the tomatoes. You really were good about letting me help.

Chris, Jayne, and Kaysen said...

who knew you were so darn domestic. . . and good at computer stuff too. Simply amazing!! I love the pictures.