Thursday, March 19, 2009

What's that in your ear?!

Well I guess it was bound to happen. Today I took Madelyn to the doctor to see what we could do about her cough and fever. While examining her ears the doctor said "I think that she has a bead in her ear." Sure enough there was a large pink bead in her ear. Luckily all it took was a syringe full of water and a couple of tries and that bead came a floating out. I have no idea how long it was in there. She hadn't been complaining about her ear hurting. But all is better now so we are happy.

5 comments:

AB said...

Are you going to make her a necklace out of it?

Rachel Fawcett said...

gross.... it was covered in wax, so thats a no.

Liz said...

Come on, tell everyone why this is funny. Tell them about the eraser that just "flew" across the classroom and got in your ear.

Rachel Fawcett said...

I told that story to Madelyn so that she didn't think that I was mad at her. I TOTALLY understand how small objects can just find their way into your ear!

LeAnn said...

The other day my three year old (Colin!) came out of the bathroom and it looked like his nose was bleeding a little. It took me a few minutes to realize that he had stuck a red Nerd up his nose and because he had a slightly runny nose, the color of the Nerd bled into the boogies. lol We were heading to the doctor anyway so I had them check his nose and ears for more. All clear, but it baffles me why kids do that!